A Random Lament
Jordan, The Persistent
She plops down on the sofa next to me and sighs.
– When are we going to the store to buy my tea?
– When you clean your room.
She groans and heaves another sigh.
– You always want me to clean my room.
– If you didn’t mess it up, we wouldn’t ask you to clean it.
– But I want to get that tea. I love that tea.
– And I want you to clean your room.
She shakes her head and flaps her hand in the air.
– We have two problems, she says philosophically.
Jeanette lifts her book closer to her face in order to hide the laughter.